July 22, 2014

Museum Angkut Batu

Our weekend getaway to Malang started with a bang as we were trapped by the heavy traffic and lost. To cut the long story short, finally we managed to get to Museum Angkut at 3pm. I never heard about this place before, but it's the local version of Universal Studio, people said. Went there on May, less than 2 months after its opening, the place was very packed. Basically the place is an indoor giant gallery divided into sections, such as The Main, Chinatown, Europe, Education, Gangster & Broadway, Holywood, and Floating Market. Be sure to check out Gangster & Broadway section if you want to buy knick-knacks, souvenirs, and foods. It's also the only resting area (I wish I brought water bottle that day). After two hours walking, I can conclude that what I did there was taking pictures, which is so boring. If you bring kids, they probably will have a blast learning about stuff and interacting with the exhibits. I appreciate the experience of visiting this museum thought. Various exhibits offer a great opportunity to know how the world around us used to look like. I can't give you a clear overview of how it looks like since I only took few pics there, so you can google it.

Location: Jl. Terusan Sultan Agung Atas No. 2 Kota Wisata Batu
Opening hours: 12.00 – 20.00 WIB
Entrance ticket: Weekdays Rp. 40.000 | Weekend Rp. 60.000
  

No comments:

Post a Comment