March 6, 2014

What to eat in Medan

Holla! It's been so so long since my last post. I was busy maintaining my blogging activity and my first month working as a math teacher, so I've been having a little trouble managing time for myself. Here are some places that I visited and foods I tried during my food hunting trip in Medan.
1. Ondo Batak Grill (Jl. Pabrik Tenun No.45)
My favorite dish is the grilled pork which are thinly sliced and grilled to perfection.

2. Sam's Patisserie (Jl. Uskup Agung No.15)
Stopped by here for a tea and dessert during heavy rain in Medan, and we were well impressed with the beautiful desserts and relaxed atmosphere of this place. It looks like a cozy villa with foliage and flowers outside and beautiful wooden-style furniture and decor. I sat at the best spot, the terrace, which allows me to enjoy the outdoor view. For the foods, cronut and cake were so-so. It's good but I think I expected a lot more. Sam’s Patisserie Boulangerie is located right beside Roemah Kopi Wak Noer.

3. The Traders (Jl. Pattimura No.423)
One of the most famous western restaurant in Medan. It's a good place to hangout or have a meeting because of the formal ambience. It's well known for the steak but I ordered pizza instead because I didn't feel like eating steak and spending much money for it. The pizza was average though!
5.Selat Panjang Street
It is definitely a must visit culinary spot in Medan (lucky me it's right behind my hotel, Swiss Bell-inn). The first thing you have to try is Mie Tiong Sim. It's just noodle with pork meat and pork dumpling, but the taste is so delicious!
  
After spending 4 days in Medan, it's time to continue my trip to Singapore :D So I headed to Kuala Namu International Airport. Anyway, I was amazed by how nice this Medan new airport is. The Indonesia’s second largest airport to-date is certainly built to accommodate future growth. Once inside the terminal, I could feel how neat, clean, and modern the building is. The interior is dominated with glass walls which offers bright and spacious atmosphere. There are also some shops and cafes; Starbucks, Swatch, Cotton On, Kipling, NewLook and Accesorize.  

No comments:

Post a Comment