November 6, 2015

Queenstown, New Zealand 2015 (part 1)

As a frequent traveller, I've tried many types of accommodation options; budget hotel, boutique hotel, guest house, private house rental, apartment, luxurious 5* hotel, even hostel (ugh, once is enough). I can’t always choose a luxury hotel but don’t want to stay in an ugly budget hotel. I'm not that type of person who prefer to suffer while sleeping and showering, as long as they can see the tourist attractions and shop. Even though I were travelling on a budget, I will never ever stay in a cheap-but-hideous budget hotel. I'll go for boutique hotels or apartments or private house rentals (airbnb) that offer something different. 
Talking about accommodation, my Queenstown's was more-than-awesome. Some people might say, for a room I will barely be in most of the day, it's a waste of money. For us, a stay in New Zealand's number one holiday destination deserves premium accommodation. My accommodation is located in an elite area with 3000 acre settlement in one of the most spectacular landscapes in the world. It combines a sustainable design approach with contemporary architecture. All day sun elevated to enjoy the absolutely awe inspiring lake & mountain views. The Remarkables mountain ranges dominate the skyline; there was still snow on the peaks when I arrived. This brand new home offers many surprises with full modern amenities. On the description, they say: expect the unexpected.
Without further due, here are pictures of the house, some of them featuring my sis in law doing her morning yoga.

open plan kitchen with modern appliances and dishwasher under the island

homemade wagyu steak by sister in law's talented  brother and a fine wine for a perfect relaxing day
room one, 1st storey that has big window with The Remarkables as the view
my room two, 2nd storey
my room has a cavity slider to living room. On the right side, I can see views of  The Remarkables 
hidden room 3, 3rd storey. Need to climb a small staircase that leads to the room
Basically, no detail has been missed. Each room is unique and offers something truly special for my holiday to Queenstown. It was very warm during winter with underfloor heating, fireplace and heat pump. Promise to self that I'm coming back! It's definitely one of the best place I've ever stayed in and worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment